Friday, July 9, 2010

Poetry! Because...why not?!

I haven't written a poem in almost 8 years. At least until this week. I hadn't intended to turn this into a poetry reading but I figure no one reads this blog so it doesn't matter much what I put on here. Plus, we all need more poetry in our lives.

It's like reading aloud in an empty room or something. Echo-ey. :)

Shape-Shifter

I am in constant evolution.
An ever-flowing river
runs deep,
in search of my core.
The shadow of my past in tow,
no regrets, only hope.
I travel down my path, knowing
I have changed again.
And some may call me "fool"
or feel shame through their love,
But I know this path is right
for it is mine which makes it so.
And should our paths lead apart,
I wish you well.
Do not follow, for at times I stray
to forage for nourishment,
And often never need
to find my way back.

No comments: